Taylor Swift, at just 24 years old, has accumulated a worldwide fan base. Millions of girls look to her as a role model while countless men and women of all ages regard her as a respectable songwriter and performer. Swift has experienced many of the same hardships and lessons as us “normal” people. She makes mistakes, like anyone else, but learns from her experiences. So, here are some quotable quotes from Taylor Swift.
1. “Never believe anyone who tells you that you don’t deserve what you want.”
When you hear people making hateful comments, stand up to them. Point out what a waste it is to hate, and you could open their eyes. Don’t let the negative opinions, attitudes, and choices of others get you down. Make your own choice to follow a positive, productive and meaningful path forward.
2. “If you’re lucky enough to be different, don’t ever change.”
Just be yourself, there is no one better. Do not change who you are, because eventually you’re going to run out of new things to become.
3. “There are two ways you can go with pain. You can let it destroy you…or you can use it as fuel to drive you: to dream bigger, work harder.”
Sometimes it really hurts being in a situation you have no control of, and making decisions that seem completely unfair to you will definitely find their way into your life. Regardless of the tough issues you may face, it’s getting back up and moving forward that counts the most when you need to deal with hardship.
4. “No matter what happens in life, be good to people. Because being nice is a wonderful legacy to leave behind.”
If you never do anything mean to anyone, they can’t hold anything against you, so, no matter what that person has done to you, you have to love them and always be nice to them. It’s kind of like killing them with kindness; it’s so fun to see how annoyed they get and confused that you’re being nice!
5. “The thing about life is, every time you learn a lesson, another is waiting right at the corner. You never know everything.”
“Life lessons” are called that for a reason. You need to experience life in order to learn the lessons. And the more life you experience, the more lessons you accumulate.
6. “I know my flaws before other people point them out to me.”
Don’t listen to negative people who put you down, pick you apart, or just look for faults and flaws. Ignore those who insult you, criticize you, put you down, try to control you or those who think they know you when they don’t know you at all. These people are negative and toxic. Ignore, ignore, ignore.
You have people come into your life shockingly and surprisingly. You have losses that you never thought you’d experience. You have rejection, and you have to learn how to deal with that and how to get up the next day and go on with it.